- Your aligners should be worn at all times, except when eating, brushing and flossing (22 hours of wear per day). Aligners are changed every 2 weeks.
- The aligners should be cleaned gently with a toothbrush whenever they are removed.
- When you are not wearing your aligners, store them in your retainer case in a cool, dry place.
- Do not clean your aligners with boiling water, bleach and other harsh cleansers.
- Attachments are tooth-coloured and adhere to the tooth surface – they provide guidance for your aligners.
- Aligners should not be skipped or accelerated. It is better to wear your aligners for longer than 2 weeks if needed.
- When it is time to move on to your next set of aligners, do so at night time. This will allow for easier removal in the morning and minimizes discomfort.
- Use your aligner chewies every morning and evening for 5 minutes. This will help your aligners fit snuggly around your teeth.
- Appointments with your Orthodontist will be scheduled every 6-10 weeks. You will receive your next series of aligners at this time.
NOTE: If you are undergoing any dental restorations (fillings, crowns) during your treatment, please let your Orthodontist know as this may affect the fit of your aligners.