Dental Careers in Ontario
Looking for a dental career in Ontario? Join the Village Orthodontics team.
Current Open Positions
Patient Coordinator Certified Level II Dental Assistant - Village Orthodontics Yorkville
Village Orthodontics is comprised of seven practice locations which all specialize in orthodontic solutions for children and adults. Dr. Murrell and his team offer a range of orthodontic services to help all our patients feel and look their best! These services include; clear aligners, braces, TMD treatment, and more.
At Village Orthodontics, our goal is to be Canada’s leading orthodontic office by providing patients with a positive experience and a healthy smile. Our staff celebrates our patients every day! We believe orthodontic care is a very personal experience. Detail, passion, and evaluation are all used to chart the course to complete orthodontic health!
Our practice is conveniently located at 118 Cumberland St. in Toronto’s vibrant & chic Yorkville neighborhood. We are easily accessible by TTC at Bay St. & Bloor-Yonge stations.
We are currently looking to hire a Patient Coordinator to join our busy and well-established practice. As part of the Administrator team, you are the face of the business. The successful candidate will have a passion for building strong patient relationships and contributing to the ongoing oral health of their community. In this busy role, you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from a strong team of dental professionals. This unique position allows you to also connect and build relationships with patients entering into orthodontic treatment by being part of the records process.
Why Should You Join?
- Competitive compensation & benefits: Our compensation packages are reviewed annually in a comparative study that ensures alignment with industry standards.
- Established and stable practice: Our successful practice is a leader in patient care, providing a range of services to a loyal and established patient base.
- Health & Safety and Compliance: The practice has a strong health and safety culture, with compliance measures embedded in every aspect of the workplace.
- Career development: A career with us ensures you have the support, tools, and encouragement you need to grow and evolve as a professional on your individual career path, including access to industry-leading continuing education through the award-winning DC Institute (dcinstitute.ca)
- Fast-growing and entrepreneurial environment: Our practice is innovative, growth-oriented, and patient-focused – a combination that makes for a fast-paced, exciting, entrepreneurial atmosphere.
- Respect for our people: The team is built on a culture of respect and positivity, where we celebrate individuality and value each other’s unique strengths and contributions.
- Work-life flexibility: Everyone has a life outside the practice, and we are committed to helping each team member find a healthy, sustainable balance between home and career.
- Make a positive and lasting impression on the patient, from the moment they arrive at the practice to the moment they leave
- Responsible for optimizing the appointment schedule by ensuring the day is full, with limited gaps
- Manage all patient calls and inquiries with a smile: appointments, confirmations, and amendments
- Manage potential cancellations and overcome objections to motivate the patient to keep the appointment
- Bill patients as they come out of the treatment room, take payment, send a claim form to insurance, respond to all fee inquiries in a positive manner
- Effectively manage the recall system and accurately maintain the patient database
- Process referral letters and other patient correspondence upon receipt from the provider
- Manage and file all patient records and charts
- Establish genuine rapport with patients, welcoming patients warmly and by name
- Establish life-long patient relationships, ensuring retention and loyalty
- Demonstrate active listening and empathy to patients using effective communication skills
- Responsible for the entire patient experience
- Attends and actively participates in team meetings
- Contributes to the team by working together as a cohesive unit
- Maintains composure under pressure during times of change
- Registered and/or certified as a Dental Assistant with the Ontario Dental Assisting Association
- Certified Level II Dental Assistant with the National Dental Assistant Examining Board (N.D.A.E.B)
- HARP certified
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Punctual and reliable
Total Rewards + Perks
Team members have access to a range of resources focused on enhancing their personal and professional lives. We provide annual compensation reviews and industry-leading learning and development opportunities. Our team members also enjoy extensive discounts on many services and activities including an exclusive corporate gym membership program; reduced rates on home and auto insurance; and unlimited access to a variety of discounted entertainment, hotels, products and services. Our Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) connects team members and their families with complimentary, confidential, short-term counseling and advisory services. We are continuously evolving and enhancing the programs to offer our team members exclusive benefits that complement their lifestyle.
We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Team at 416-558-8338. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
From Our Dental Team
Our team of dental professionals is dedicated to caring for the smiles of patients in the Ontario community. We welcome you to join our team.
Why work at Village Orthodontics?
Village Orthodontics is proud to be an active member of the Ontario community, and strives to provide exceptional oral health care for individuals and families.
Our team is committed to clinical excellence and aims to create a positive patient experience. We care for our people and seek, as a team, to provide comprehensive dentistry to our patients.